What is our project?
We are working on a desktop application that provides a full cycle of freight, ranging from registering the goods in the system and ending with the organization of payment, issuance of payment documents.
The main version of the product is a desktop application that is complex in business logic, which includes many of the necessary functions for the user: cargo tracking, carrier search and assignment, cost calculation, preparation of documents, time-tracking, etc. There are several customized versions of the product for different countries, with their own characteristics of cargo transportation in this region, differences in payment transactions and many other points. In development is the next version that requires the addition of new functionality.
There is also a web-version of the product, but with a reduced amount of functionality.
What is our goal?
Every minute in the world hundreds of cargoes are transported from various destinations all over the world, therefore the clarity, reliability and security of the entire logistics process depend on the result of our development. That is why our team is successfully working on the quality of the product and its improvement, adaptability for different locations and markets.
Our team has 2 developers (and 3 more from the client), 5 testers (4 manual, 1 automation), 1 PM
Customer location: Medford, USA
What will you need to do?
Develop new functionality in accordance with the received requirements.
Be able to analyze the requirements from the technical side and refine them ( with QA and BA).
- Strong knowledge of Java Core, multithreading
- Knowledge and experience in Oracle (SQL, PL/SQL)
- Understanding and experience in JDBC
- Understanding Java RMI
- Web Services (SOAP / RESTfull)
- Experience in JEE7 stack including JSF2, EJB3, familiar with RichFaces
- Experience working with JEE app servers (JBoss/WildFly is highly preferred)
- Communication with client (requirements clarification)
- English – intermediate at least, I’d say – close to Upper
Would be a plus:
- Knowledge of Swing